Gloom

This poem was written during a day when I just couldn't become happy. Everything I tried just wouldn't work. So I tried writing. This is the poem I got. For a small tribute, thanks to Paige, Ty, and Rachel, the three friends that are mentioned in the poem.

Gloom
That's the dark shroud that covers me
The darkness the seems to hang over me
And fill that emptiness in my heart.

I see the worry in a friend's eyes.
She wonders if I'm okay.
I hear the joke in my friend's voice
As he tries to cheer me up.
And I laugh, and smile,
but the gloom returns quickly.

Maybe all I need is a hug
And a friend is right there to give me one.
She makes me feel better
And for a while, I am happy.
But a sarcastic comment drops me again.

But really, what reason do I have
To feel down, to feel sad?
I have friends
And they care about me.
They want my happiness
The same way I want theirs.

Within the dark gloom
There is a pinprick of light.
And while It isn't enough to shake the blackness
It is enough
To make me feel
A little better.

0 comments: